atw: Re: volume of text per step

  • From: "Judith Bluhm-Brown" <Judith.Bluhm-Brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:31:57 +0800

Generator Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium) I agree wholeheartedly with you,
Bob. A step should not contain more than two processes for example, " Click on
the XY button and then click Next."  If more information needs to be given it
should be as follow-on text, preferably indented under the stepped processes
given.

From: austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob Trussler Sent:
Friday, 5 September 2008 10:58 PM To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: atw:
Re: volume of text per step

Great question, and I don't have a reference. I reckon that more than two lines
of text is the max, unless it is then broken up into  - sub-points  - a
bulleted list  - a similar structure. Bob Trussler Phone 0418 661 462