atw: Re: mail merge question

  • From: "Lewington, Warren J (WT)" <warren.lewington.ext@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 02:54:23 -0400

I think you are saying that the source data may have two names, a
primary-name (nameadd1) and a joint-name (nameadd2). This could mean the
"&" is in the primary-name content if there is a joint-name present for
the record?

If this is so, just add the joint-name merge field to the same line and
all should be sweet!

Otherwise if the merge document is preparing the joint-name entry
automatically with a "&" and a carriage return, then I suspect there is
a script or other equivalent running in the background which is possibly
doing the entering of the joint-name under the primary-name. Normally
mail merge style documents are quite "do as you are told" once they are
set up and everything is pretty plain to see...

Regards,
Warren