atw: Re: keeping the space before

  • From: Terry D <morgan4four@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:21:03 +1000 (EST)

Michaels (L and G),

I don't have any of those ticked. Now I'm wondering if
I'm alone in this or if it affects everyone.

Can anyone definitely say that their spacing remains
as set in their styles when the paragraph is at the
top of a page and there is no forced break?

As a test, go to any text that is at the top of a page
that is not the first page and doesn't follow a page
or section break. Make sure the style doesn't include
a page break before. Now, via Format\Paragraph\Indents
and spacing, increase the space before to some huge
amount. On my computer, it momentarily shows the space
just set, then springs back to the top of the page.

Cheers,
Terry

http://au.movies.yahoo.com