atw: Re: keeping the space before

  • From: Terry D <morgan4four@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:00:57 +1000 (EST)

Did I make you jealous, Michael (G)?

The company I'm with is based on campus at UWA - so
there are several drinking establishments nearby. A
couple of visiting PhD students are finishing today so
we had a celebratory lunch at a local tavern. (And now
I'm eating the lunch I brought with me. There goes the
waistline.)

My favourite spot for the 'no space' paragraph is
after a table at the bottom of the page, when the next
thing is a heading and there's not enough room for any
other style.

My beer-affected mind is reminding me that in earlier
versions of Word there was some sort of a problem
(beer blur) that affected headings immediately after
tables, so an empty para was always required. Seems to
be fixed in current version, though the inability to
specify spacing around a table has its own drawbacks.

(Does anyone know how to build in spacing above/below
tables?)

Hope your Friday lunch is more fruitful (or should
that be yeastful?) than today's. At least your
productivity is probably much better than mine this
afternoon. So many mistakes. It's like typing with my
toes.

Cheers,
Terry

http://au.movies.yahoo.com