atw: Re: editing the text on a CHM's search tab

  • From: ed_bushby@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 10:03:29 +1100

Hi Daryl,
Thanks very much for the reply - exactly what we were looking for.

Any chance you can help with a related question?  If possible. we'd like
to eliminate the Location column in the search results (when advanced
search is turned on).  Any ideas on how to do that?

Cheers,
Ed

daryl.prasad@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
28/06/2004 12:01 PM
Please respond to austechwriter

        To:     austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Fax to:
        Subject:        atw: Re: editing the text on a CHM's search tab

Try editing the .lng file from RoboHelp. Online help text is below. Hope
this helps

Advanced Settings for Localization - LNG File

To access this dialog: From the File menu, select Project Settings. Click
Advanced, then click the LNG File tab.

Use this dialog to change certain text elements in the user interface for
WebHelp, WebHelp Pro, FlashHelp, or HTML Help output. Change these
elements, depending on the output you are generating.

See the complete list of changes you can make as well as how you make
them.

When you edit the .LNG file, your changes supersede settings made in
Project Settings in other locations.

Edit: Allows you to modify text in the .LNG file for each user interface
element listed. In Edit mode, you can also right-click on the line you're
editing to undo the edits, cut, copy, paste, delete, or select all.

                    "Hadass, Alon"
                    <Alon.Hadass@xxxxxx>           To:
<austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    Sent by:                       cc:
                    austechwriter-bounce@fre       Subject:     atw: Re:
editing the text on a CHM's search tab
                    elists.org

                    16/06/2004 03:12 PM
                    Please respond to
                    austechwriter

Hi Ed,

As far as I know, the text on the Search tab is dictated by the ActiveX
control installed on the user's computer (hhactivex.dll). For a
non-English OS, this text will appear in the appropriate language.

The only way to customise the Search tab is to get your developers to
create an Active X control with the same functionality but different
text. Note, however, that you will then have to distribute this control
to the user (install and register the control on their computer).
For example, RoboHelp allows you to add a custom Glossary tab that eHelp
developers created. To use it, you have to distribute the appropriate
control.

Alon

Alon Hadass
Technical Writer