atw: Re: editing the text on a CHM's search tab

  • From: "Hadass, Alon" <Alon.Hadass@xxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:12:47 +1000

Hi Ed,

As far as I know, the text on the Search tab is dictated by the ActiveX
control installed on the user's computer (hhactivex.dll). For a
non-English OS, this text will appear in the appropriate language.

The only way to customise the Search tab is to get your developers to
create an Active X control with the same functionality but different
text. Note, however, that you will then have to distribute this control
to the user (install and register the control on their computer).
For example, RoboHelp allows you to add a custom Glossary tab that eHelp
developers created. To use it, you have to distribute the appropriate
control.

Alon

Alon Hadass
Technical Writer