atw: Re: Wanting advice about Word, Framemaker or other for XML

  • From: "Julie Gibson" <julieg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:57:07 +1000

Thanks Melanie
>As for which tools are the best - how long is a piece of string? Julie,
>what are your actual requirements for using XML?

The software is in its infancy and will have a variable set of plugins
depending on the actual implementation created, we want to have
documentation that keeps up with the changing environments that will be
created. We are only guessing that the answer will lie with XML since that
would allow intelligent inclusion of the parts and reusable parts within
parts. And extensibility - we're incredibly optimistic as you can see.

The software is already heavily into XML because it is creating metadata so
everyone will be au fait with it in general.

I'll start to pursue the idea of finding a consultant.

Julie