atw: Re: Unwanted paragraph styles

  • From: "Steve Hudson" <adslyy5g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:56:36 +1000

Method 1: Normal View

Give yourself a 2" style area on the Tools > Options > View  tab and lo,
para style names collect in the left column for rapid identification

Method 2: Office XP+

Use the Styles and Formatting Task pane. It is ideally suited to this job.

Method 3: Small macro

Moves from the selection ahead a para at a time, ignoring paras with a
compliant style. Tie it to a shortcut key, pressing said key takes you
straight to the next bad para. Then you use FnR to correct all instances of
it. Said macro could even prompt for one of a half dozen styles and you just
select the desired replacement.

Steve Hudson

Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
Tricky stuff with Word or words for you.
www.wordheretic.com
"Qualified Good Tech Writer Dude"
Fellowship of the Ring of Technical Writers, Yeah Baby!