atw: Re: The Queen's English?

  • From: "Chris Lofting" <lofting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 15:28:35 +1000

The focus is on the symmetry and the use of sameness to communicate. As
primates the focus is on emotion. Words are metaphors that allow for high
precision in communication of emotion/feelings, the difference being in the
refined nature of feelings - thus our sense of 'truth' or 'correctness'
comes in a feeling associated with syntax processing where syntax is a
compressed form of semantics in that the only thing that is meaningful is
one's position in some hierarchy.

Overall the focus is on (a) deriving sameness from difference, and so
supporting the use of metaphor/analogy and (b) the refinement in
communication that takes us 'back' towards difference (and so different
nouns etc as compared to the sameness of all nouns - object representation)

ANY form of sensory harmonic will elicit emotion and so by association
memory, meaning. Words are just more precise in communication but there is a
LOT we communicate by body language.