atw: Re: Lost tip: emails 'period-doubling'

  • From: "erisa linsky" <slinkah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:54:11 +1000

If you are using bigpond, then mail downloaded from your normal (telstra)
bigpond address should go straight on to your server and be deleted from the
bigpond server.

However if you do it a different way and download using Webmail, the mail
will appear in your inbox but will not be deleted from the bigpond server.
(it probably also goes on to your server as well........)

So then when you next log in to your own mailbox via the telstra(bigpond)
address, you will get all the messages again, that you already downloaded
via Webmail, hence the duplication.

Austarnet is a much, much, much, much, much faster dialup service than
Bigpond, in my experience.   And is cheaper too.    (cant tell you how good
its filtering is, though.  But Bigpond often filters out stuff you want to
get)