atw: Re: Here it is: The Queen's English? and politically correct calendars

  • From: "Christine Kent" <christine_kent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 10:19:51 +1000

Don't take it personally Deborah - some of us are just a bit sick of this
nasty little game we all have to play now.

There was a time we cared about the concept of "freedom of speech", but
during the course of my lifetime it has gone - and horrifyingly, it has been
forgotten!

I'm still waiting for Granat to turn up with his Jewish jokes, and surely
there must be one or two good Irishmen out there who are happy to laugh at
themselves!

And this from someone who has written a whole book for the TAFE division
called "Work Effectively with Diversity".  Bring back the racist joke, I
say, and let's all laugh again.  An Englishman, an Irishman and a Pole were
standing at a bar...

ck

   _____

From: HYPERLINK