[audio-pals] Re: Ghost Town

  • From: Stacey <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 19:37:46 -0600

HMM that's probably true.
On 12/14/2014 6:09 PM, Thomas McMahan wrote:
Don’t think so, think there were other politics involved probably.

On Dec 14, 2014, at 4:16 PM, Stacey <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx <mailto:crazystacey25@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

I agree with u, the state should have taken care of that. Makes me wonder what state officials were thinking. Did they like have their heads in the clouds hoping this would just go away? Because it doesn't work like that.
On 12/14/2014 3:15 PM, Thomas McMahan wrote:
It’s setting a dangerous pressedent thats for sure, but some other things that have been done lately also stretch boundaries.

Should have been handled by the State, they have their Militia they can call up, and had it called up, but hadn’t had them moved to Ferguson. Sort of like Bengazzi in a way, but don’t know if the delay was from the Feds or the State. Chicago was ready when the UN did their thing a couple of years ago, they weren’t going to put up with masses of folks getting out of line. They usually don’t. But listening to the media back then you would have thought they were going to come and it would be the end of the world as we know it. Well they were able to do their protesting and parading, but any that got out of line quickly found themselves isolated and boxed in by the law and then whatever they were doing stopped quick.

Of course those protesters probably weren’t interested in burning down neighborhoods, but if they hadn’t have been ready for them something like that could have eventually happened.

On Dec 14, 2014, at 11:52 AM, Stacey <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx <mailto:crazystacey25@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

U know that's a good question. Is it really Obama's concern to be getting involved with this? Shouldn't he be dealing with more pressing matters? Like isis? The situation in Missouri will be old news eventually, but I think isis poses a larger threat to America than something small in Missouri that shouldn't have caused such an up roar in the first place. Michael Brown was in the wrong. They can't seem to grasp that idea.
*I have my thoughts on the matter. What President in history has ever gotten involved with a local police department’s incident?* *From:*audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[mailto:audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]*On Behalf Of*Thomas McMahan
*Sent:*Sunday, December 14, 2014 3:11 AM
*To:*audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:*[audio-pals] Re: Ghost Town
I don’t either.  Maybe only just starting.

    On Dec 14, 2014, at 1:26 AM, Stacey <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx
    <mailto:crazystacey25@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
    I just think the whole thing is rediculous to be honest with
    u. All this protesting and fighting. I have a sneaky feeling
    things aren't over yet.
    veOn 12/13/2014 10:43 PM, Thomas McMahan wrote:

        No it isn’t but it furthers certain agendas.  The people
        wanting to push said agenda have tried it for the past
        several years but all cases fell apart.  These that are
        going on now probably will too.  The people in power will
        pay lip service to the protesters until it actually
        threatens them, then watch out.

            On Dec 13, 2014, at 10:34 PM, Stacey
            <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx <mailto:crazystacey25@xxxxxxx>>
            wrote:
            Personally, I think that Michael Brown was in the
            wrong. The police officer was defending himself. Why
            can't some people get that through their heads? Is
            fighting and protesting really gonna solve anything?
            On 12/13/2014 10:10 PM, Thomas McMahan wrote:

                I remember when Lou Henson left Illinois or
                retired out some of them were hoping that the
                Illini would hire Bruce Pearl on, well they didn’t
                glad they didn’t.  They were already in trouble,
                he would have probably gotten them in more trouble.

                    On Dec 13, 2014, at 8:33 PM, Josh
                    <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    <mailto:lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
                    Oh yeah the NCAA has to be who you know. Take
                    a look at Lane Kieffan, he leaves and who
                    suffers. I belive the same was true with Bruce
                    Pearl and the basketball program. Even after
                    Bruce was penalized from coaching, I think UT
                    suffered penalties. Of course there are going
                    to be some reprocussions on the program just
                    because the coach is connected, but in a way I
                    think our teams suffered more than the
                    coaches. Probably just a biased opinion, but
                    ya know.
                    Penn State incident is a pathetic joke. There
                    is no way that it could have went on that long
                    and the situations continued without someone
                    speaking up about it.
                    The whole concept of innocent until proven
                    guilty does not apply anymore. The concept is
                    now guilty until you prove yourself innocent.
                    Even if the Criminal Justice System sees you
                    as innocent until proven guilty, the rest of
                    the public are ready to hang you before they
                    even hear the evidence. A clear example of
                    this occurred the other day in class. After
                    the Grand Jury came back with a not guilty
                    verdict in Ferguson my professor asked the
                    classs what they thought about the incident.
                    The responses were well they knew if they
                    found him not guilty they were going to have a
                    riot, they should have just found him guilty
                    to keep the rioting from occurring, he was
                    wrong for shooting Michael Brown, etc.
                    However, not one person made a comment
                    regarding the evidence in the case. If you do
                    not follow the directions of the police expect
                    to be met with reprocussions. If you try to
                    get the officers gun expect to get shot
                    because I can guarantee that if all these
                    sideline judges were put in this same
                    situation they would want to go home to their
                    family as well and not sit idly by and let
                    some random citizen adolescent or adult take
                    their gun to shoot them with it. It is insane
                    the autopsy was done, and then if I am not
                    mistaken Obuma was not satisfied with the
                    results so he ordered another autopsy, and I
                    think there were a few more autopsies done
                    before they moved forward. How can you convict
                    a person that was engaging in self defense?
                                        *From:*Heather H
                                        <copperlee73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        <mailto:copperlee73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
                                        *To:*"audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx