Re: [artworks] UniPrint Printing Problem

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 11:52:47 +0200

In message <fa395cd951.signwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Nick K <signwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <51d85ad8cbriscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Let us know how you get on.

> --------------------------------------
> This was Andrews reply

>>> Except, that when I did this right now (!Printers+ 1.91a on my
>>> RISCube) it was correctly set.  And my default printer is UniPrint.

Yes, but that is Printers+. All users who experienced the problem had
Printers 1.72 or 1.75 on the Iyonix.

I have tracked down this problem, and my first reaction was right:
This is a !Printers bug. More specifically, it is a Castle "pop-up"
!Printers bug (!Printers 1.7x, the version that is used on the Iyonix
and the BeagleBoard/BIK/ARMini).

The problem is that "pop-up" !Printers does not set the "File:"
connection of the active printer correctly on start up if there is an
unavailable USB printer. You can check for that by checking the
"Printer control..." list. If it contains a printer with "USB"
connection that is displayed as "Unavailable", then that entry stops
the active printer (usually a different one!) from being set up
correctly on start up.

So, to fix this, either remove the unavailable USB printer, or, if you
need it, then click on the printer icon before trying to print to it
from ArtWorks (or other applications using the old printing protocol,
e.g., Zap).