Re: [ARMini-support] Variations

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 08:30:05 +0100

In message <5452d0f24djcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just tried to use !Variations (0.41d) by dragging a directory of jpegs to
> it. This failed with an error Abort on data transfer at 0009BDB8 code 2489.
> This version is dated 5th Feb 2008. Is there a later version, and any ideas
> what caused the problem?

I get just that on my Raspberry Pi.

Switching the Pi to ARMv5 mode clears the issue and thumbnails are
generated. Something somewhere is not ARMv7 compatible.

The first guess is to blame the JPEG Tools. Neither the versions in
SP7 nor the later build below helped.

http://www.riscos.info/packages/GraphicsDetails.html

A (very) brief inspection of the error line indicates that the problem
could be within the assembler in !RunImage. Running Variations under
Aemulor fixes the issue.

--
David Pitt
OS4.39, VRPC, iMac