Re: [ARMini-support] Variations

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 14:21:16 +0100

In message <5452d2dcb6chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <5452d0f24djcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Is there a later version, and any ideas what caused the problem?

> It is probably a problem with old versions of the IJPG library
> (djcomp and jpegtran). This is the first thing to check!

> I am sure I have had it working on ARMv7 hardware with recent
> versions of the IJPG binaries, although I do not use it in anger.

This shouldn't be an issue if SP7 has been installed (any generation
of machine) - part of that updated made sure to replace the old JPEG
binaries.

AFAIK it doesn't use them for basic JPEG operations, only if you do
the "clean" etc. menu options.

Might be worth making sure Aemulor isn't running, as it *might*
confict?

Andrew

PS, I'm talking about Variations in the Images.Variations folder.
If you are using a copy from elsewhere... erm... good luck!

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS