Re: [ARMini-support] Variations

  • From: Barry J <barryjerome@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 12:42:13 +0100

In message <5452d54b24jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <5452d2dcb6chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chris Johnson
> <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In article <5452d0f24djcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jim Lesurf
>>    <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Is there a later version, and any ideas what caused the problem?

>> It is probably a problem with old versions of the IJPG library (djcomp
>> and jpegtran). This is the first thing to check!

> OK. I just got the new versions from your site. Used that to update the
> djpeg and jpegtran in Variations.

> Alas, still get the same problem. Trying some more experiments I can get
> Variations to load randomly chosen jpegs from a directory. But trying to
> drag-and-drop the directory to load them all fails with the error. Maybe
> I'm doing something wrong as it is ages since I last used Variations.

Have just tried a couple of experiments in case I was loading small
directories compared to what you are doing. Dragged a directory
(1.2GB) containing directories which loaded into !Variations. Double
clicked on one of them (350MB) and it loaded them without problem.
Also separately dragged the same directory (350MB) to !Variations and
it loaded OK.

Not sure what is different about my ARMiniX? I keep it up-to-date with
new updates from Andrew, but have not installed SP7 yet.

BarryJ