Re: [ARMini-support] Variations

  • From: Barry Smith <baz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 19:19:45 +0100

In message <54341ADD.6040308@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Robert Hunter <robert.hunter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Jim

> On 07/10/2014 11:33, Jim Lesurf wrote:
>> I just tried to use !Variations (0.41d) by dragging a directory of jpegs to
>> it. This failed with an error Abort on data transfer at 0009BDB8 code 2489.
>> This version is dated 5th Feb 2008. Is there a later version, and any ideas
>> what caused the problem?
>>
>> FWIW I wanted to generate a 'contact sheet' for some comparisons between
>> different scans of the same series of ancient slides. Is there an
>> alternative RO bit of software that also does this and works on ARMiniX?
> That version of Variations (0.41d.42 (5-Feb 2008)to be precise) works
> fine here and it is such a fine piece of software it would be worth
> persevering to get it working.  So if anyone can suggest why Jim's copy
> is not working I am sure that he would appreciate it.

Never used it before to generate thumbnails by dropping a folder onto
the icon, so just tried it now (0.41d.46 - I've no idea what the final
digits signify, but they change after processing to .42 ???) and it
worked fine with 25 jpegs of approx 300k each.

This is with ARMiniX, SP7 but not OS update 7.

Alternatives (need more "human intervention"?) would be !ConvImgs (or
!Pic_Index but I just tried that and I get Buffer overflow in "DrWimp"
at line 48080, so I need to investigate that).

Barry
--
www.g4iat.co.uk         Using an ARMiniX with RISC OS 5.21 (21-Apr-14)
http://www.g4iat.co.uk/wx/noaa/