[argyllcms] Re: relativ volume of gamut -- vrml comparison?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 12:07:08 +1100

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:
Interesting. Obviously, the volumes differ less than 1% for the
resolutions you tested - IMO that's not really much. I'm surprised that
even the lower resolutions (i.e. larger -d...) agree so well.

Yes, the gamut surface representation is not an exact process,
but is approximate due to the use of sampling, and the limited
scope to follow convex surface shapes. If it were accurate
within 1% I'd be very pleased (I doubt it is in many cases).