[argyllcms] Re: relativ volume of gamut -- vrml comparison?

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 15:07:40 +0100

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:
My understanding is that the volume of a triangulated convex hull can be
computed analytically and exactly (i.e. limited only by machine
precision). But gamut hulls are not necessarily convex...

... and it looks like Graeme is once again one step ahead with his segmented maximum algorithm :-)

Another important source of error is the spatial resolution/distribution of the test points I guess (but it doesn't play a role in this case since I used the same point cloud both times)

Klaus