[argyllcms] Re: Wrong gamma / color rendition worse than before calibration

  • From: "Thomas Bartosik" <tbartdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 17:43:03 +0200

thanks for the input.
nope, its dyed glass, I know coated glass from both objectives and stuff my g/f
does (she works with and buys different glass).

I have now calibrated a Scott 17" CRT and the result seems pleasing (the
correction curves however are also not that extreme as on my TFT). Clearly I
removed the filter.

They are at
http://rockbrew.com/argyll
again.

I cannot say whether the result is objectively good, but to my eye it seems
pleasing.

As all measurements on TFTs (except the really bad one) resulted in strange
outcomes, it's either the filter (I still cannot imagine the glass to change
that much over a few years) or some other kind of problem in the
TFT+spyder2+argyll combination.
I am really wondering whether I should buy a new colorimeter as I somehow fear
the outcome will be the same.

Is there no way I can verify that the colorimeter's readings are somewhat
correct at least?
I've got a DSLR with prime lenses here, if that helps...

The verify report is also at my webspace.
However, I doubt that verifying probably bad readings with the same colorimeter
can really help in determining the problem...

Shall I try to do same with the uncalibrated display and see whether dE values
are lower? I think I'd need a flat .icc for this purpose..

-------- Original-Nachricht --------