[argyllcms] Re: CMP target reference data

  • From: Stephen T <stwebvanuatu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 04:33:05 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I don't know.

It seems to me that several targets used for camera profiling (including
expensive ones) are weak in greens and also do not extend much beyond AdobeRGB
towards blue and red. Furthermore, the lightest and darkest patches are often
far from L = 100 and L = 0 respectively.

Now, I don't think the Digital Target 4 is a great deal better. Can anyone send
me the reference data so that I can check this? I don't care for mere opinions,
I would rather trust a spectrometer and the computed reference data. That is
what we profile against after all.

Stephen.