[argyllcms] Re: Wrong gamma / color rendition worse than before calibration

  • From: "Thomas Bartosik" <tbartdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 11:08:29 +0200

The Slovenian dealer seems to have a deal atm it seems:
http://www.tavija.si/10/cm_monitor.htm#tradein
staro za novo means old for new
(I have only had 1 semester of croatian and slovenian is quite a bit
different.. I think it mostly says buy a new one instead of an old one and get
20 EUR + VAT resp. 40 EUR + VAT;  think they don't say which make the old one
has to be.. Graeme: Are you referring to the US rebate offer:
http://networkedblogs.com/mlVZj
?

Regarding the Spyder problems:
I removed the filter and took a look at it. Its a thin _glass_ plate, so I
don't think it's too likely its optical properties change so much over time,
but I may be wrong. It had some slight glass corrosion and I polished it and
its totally clear again now. Still I don't think that really makes a difference.

The "crushed blacks" topic that's currently being discussed on this list also
affects me.
The solution mentioned in
http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/CrushedDisplyBlacks.html
however doesn't improve the situation that much.

I might try to raise the black level as Xun Wang wrote but I guess this won't
help in solving the magenta problems..

Does anyone want to change a Spyder2 *with nicely polished filter* for a
ColorMunki display? ;->