[argyllcms] Re: What about buying/donating a colormunki?

  • From: "edmund ronald" <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 02:46:06 +0100

An interesting new entry to the field ?

They certainly come in with a bang. If they have the spectro head,
turning it into an XY scanner seems pretty straightforward, so I guess
iSis and Barbieri can expect competition in due course.

Frankly, I think that Barbieri have a much stronger case than Xrite in
the fine art world at the moment, because their LFP can read just
about any thickness, can do transparencies, and has a variable-sized
aperture. It works nicely with Argyll, as you know, although the
instrument driver itself is proprietary it does run under Linux.

Edmund