[argyllcms] Re: What about buying/donating a colormunki?

  • From: "Jacques Warnon" <j.warnon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 13:10:56 -0500

Wonderful idea, count me in.

Jacques Warnon

-----Original Message-----
From: argyllcms-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:argyllcms-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Lars Tore Gustavsen
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 5:10 AM
To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [argyllcms] What about buying/donating a colormunki?

Hello list.
I have an idea. What about if we together donate a colormunki
spectrometer to Graeme? I have seen that both bhphoto and amazon have
this device, and they also sell gift cards. So that's one possibility.
 We could also use PayPal or something like that. We should also have
in mind that Graeme probably have to pay tax of some kind. We should
of course also ask Graeme if he is interested getting his hand on this
device.

The colormunki spectrometer is listed for $406 at the amazon site. If
we add tax and shipping I guess this can escalate to around $550 or
so.  And maybe he needs more than one?  I have seen this device in
black and white but I guess they are the same, or?

So what are people thinking? Maybe there are other and better donating
methods out there? If a lot of people are interested maybe we could
pick up the colormunki create colormeter too ($149).
I was hoping for donations in the $5-$25 range or so.

The reason for this is of course to support as many currently
available devices as possible. I also think that support the cheapest
spectrophotometer on the market will increase the argyllcms user base.

ref http://www.colormunki.com/

Regards
Lars Tore Gustavsen