[argyllcms] Re: Profiling between two images

  • From: edmund ronald <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 03:26:33 +0100

Well, back when I was still doing profile editing I too had these
scripts which I could use to determine what the "look" of a camera or
process was, and then derive a profile to achieve this desired look
from some other camera. Within limits. After writing these scripts,
for my own entertainment,  I batch-applied my scripts to over a
hundred profiles from a popular commercial Raw converter. I never
quite figured out what the legal implications of such algorithmic
reverse engineering and reprocessing are :)

Edmund