[argyllcms] Re: Profiling between two images

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 14:26:15 +0100

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
> I understand, however, when I use -qu instead of -qh/-qm/-ql for some targets,
> the curve is totally different. And when comparing to the source image the
> curve in the -qu generated profile seems to fit better.
>
> I'll do some more experimenting first, and possibly provide a sample
> this evening.

The smoothest one would be a matrix/gamma (-aG). But without looking
thoroughly at the actual data, I don't feel able to asses whether the
transformation done by the camera can be modelled by a matrix/gamma or
matrix/shaper reasonably well, or whether even a 3D LUT would be
required. It's certainly a trade-off eventually - you need to try.

Regards,
Gerhard