[argyllcms] Re: Profiling between two images

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:02:55 +0100

Alastair M. Robinson wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
>
>> I'd like to generate a profile, which would turn my nr 2 image into
>> something very close to my nr 1 image.
>
> The easiest way is probably going to be to create an input profile for
> each image, using the IT8 chart contained within (as per Argyll's
> instructions for scanner profiling), and then transform between them -
> or create a devicelink from them.

Or even better [likely more accurate]: Create a RGB -> RGB device link
directly from the scattered data. Argyll basically provides all
elementary building blocks for doing this, but there is no ready to use
program for this purpose, so some programming will be necessary...

[A general prerequisite is of course that the camera generates the jpeg
from the raw image in a _deterministic_ way [for instance the
transformation must not depend on the image contents], otherwise the
reconstructed transformation won't be applicable to different images.]

Regards,
Gerhard