[argyllcms] Re: Profiling between two images

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:44:43 +0100

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
This seems to be very close... However I don't have profile1.icc...
but how do you judge that image 1 looks "good"? What profile do you assign
to view it? That's your profile1.icc!

Huh, that doesn't make sense to me... Assign to view it? you mean sRGB?

Maybe. I mean the profile that will be used as source profile when you print the file or view it on screen in a colormanaged workflow. I'm quite sure your image1 contains an ICC profile or at least an EXIF colorspace tag (usually a generic colorspace like sRGB, AdobeRGB or a vendor/model specific camera profile)

Klaus