[argyllcms] Re: Profiling between two images

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 16:45:42 +0100

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
>>
>> This method produces pretty well matching output!
>
> Good on you!
>
> As long as the spectral sensor properties and white balancing methods are
> not too different, this approach might work even across different cameras to
> some extent. Furthermore it does not require measurement values for the
> target. -- but please don't ask how to build a cheap Rolex next ;-)

Well, I'm not betting my money on the fact it might work with
different camera's
as well. I'm not sure how subject to change the spectral properties of sensors
are between generations...

But if I understand properly, this should even work with a home printed IT8
chart, right?

Also, I went with AdobeRGB for the processed images, it seemed to make
a bit more sense.

I've attached a script to automate the process you described to some extent.

My first set of experimental EOS 400D picture style profiles are
available here:

  http://files.pcode.nl/icc/canon-eos400d-picture-styles_0.0.20090201.zip

Thanks again!
Pascal de Bruijn