[argyllcms] Re: How can I tell if I'm using my profile? (and other questions)

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 03:22:31 +1100

Adrian Mariano wrote:

Under what circumstances will the ambient light correction be 1.0 so that it doesn't change the result compared to the target curve without ambient light adjustment.

It's a little complicated, since the CIECAM02 appearance space
transform is used to compute the correction. For all requested curves
except the two video curves (Rec709 and SMPTE240M), a display
with a brightness and ambient levels of 80 cd/m^2
would result in no change. For the two video curves,
a display with a brightness and ambient level of 318 cd/m^2
would result in no change.