[argyllcms] Re: Anybody successfully using a DTP51 with Mac OS X?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 11:13:47 +1000

Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:
The binaries you created did segfault on my Intel Mac Pro.

No idea why, and no means of finding out. Others appear to
be able to run these binaries on Intel based Mac gear, so it
is a bit of a mystery. Is it possible to run one of them
under gdb, or does Rosetta upset this approach ?

Once I downloaded the sources, and figured out that I could not use
the Jam binary that comes with Mac OS (I guess it's too old),

As explained in <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Compiling.html>,
it appears that Apple have modified their version of Jam
so extensively that it is no longer compatible with the original Jam.

> I was
able to create a version that would at least start. I still cannot
communicate with the device. The error messages are slightly different
now.
It also looks like the probing you do for the device type does lock up
(at least my) DTP51. I changed the probing code so that it would only
use the baud rate that the hardware is configured with, and that it
would just send a CE command.
The software does find the device, but once it follows up with the SV
command, the device does no longer respond. When I do this with ZTerm,
I can manually talk to the device.

It does sound a bit like the serial adapter is upsetting things.