[argyllcms] Re: Anybody successfully using a DTP51 with Mac OS X?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 11:18:31 +1000

Rolf Gierling wrote:

Hello Karl Heinz,

Am 01.07.2007 um 04:20 schrieb Karl Heinz Kremer:

icoms: Write_Read called with '0104CF^M'
About to write '0104CF^M' ICOM err 0x0
icoms: Read called
icoms: About to return read '<00>' ICOM err 0x0
icoms: Read returning with 0x0
icoms: Write_Read Write_Read success, returning '<00>'

I observe that your instrument get's configured to
RTS/CTS hardware handshake. Does your USB-Serial
adapter support this? This is at least against what xrite
sugests, and never worked for me with any USB-Serial
adapter I tried. Can you try with no handshake, aka
0004CF^M.

The correct approach in the source code is to #undef HWFC.

You may get away with this for the DTP51, but I found some
sort of flow control was necessary for reading long strips
of spectral information on the DTP41, and for some reason
Xon/Xoff was not reliable, whereas hardware handshaking was.
It seemed to work fine with the Keyspan USB/serial adapter.