[argyllcms] Re: Anybody successfully using a DTP51 with Mac OS X?

The binaries you created did segfault on my Intel Mac Pro.

Once I downloaded the sources, and figured out that I could not use
the Jam binary that comes with Mac OS (I guess it's too old), I was
able to create a version that would at least start. I still cannot
communicate with the device. The error messages are slightly different
now.
It also looks like the probing you do for the device type does lock up
(at least my) DTP51. I changed the probing code so that it would only
use the baud rate that the hardware is configured with, and that it
would just send a CE command.
The software does find the device, but once it follows up with the SV
command, the device does no longer respond. When I do this with ZTerm,
I can manually talk to the device.

I guess I have to dust off my Linux machine to see if this is a
problem with my DTP51, or if my USB/serial adapter has a problem (it's
from Prolific).

I'll keep on trying.

Karl Heinz

On 6/28/07, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:

> The beta binaries give me a segmentation fault when I run printread:
>
> printread   -v -d -i51 R800
> Segmentation fault

If I run the above on any platform, I get the usage, since the
-i option is no longer used in V0.7.