[aravis] Re: Aravis 0.2.0 in sight

  • From: John Stowers <john.stowers.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aravis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 13:36:38 +0200

> No complains from me, but a couple of feature requests:
> * Setting the camera packet size based on the MTU of the network interface it
> is connected to

Agree-ish, although picking an MTU based on the MTU of the attached
interface can be just as fragile if you have switches in the middle that
do not handle jumbo frames.

I would like this to be explicit, rather than invisible and automatic.

Something like a gobject construction parameter, where the default is
1400, and -ve numbers or zero mean "determine automatically".

> * Connecting to a camera that is not on the same subnet as the host by using
> its IP address

I do not understand what you mean by this second point. Can you please
explain?

John