[arachne] Re: packet driver for REALTEC RTL8169/8110 FAMILY

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 07:19:17 +1100

Hi Folks,

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 10:37:29 +0000
"patrice.lemonnier" <arc.f.ruc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have bought an new computer last month with windows xp and I have
> spend so many time to get a multiboot.
>
> After I have try to find the packet driver.
> The computer is a FUJITSU ESPRIMO P5700 and the ethernet card is
> a realtek RTL8169/8110 FAMILI GIGABIT ETHERNET NIC
>
> Is there someone using this computer?
> I have found the packet driver. Some people use the packet driver
> RTSPKT.COM. It's a packet driver for REALTEC RRTL8139 FAMILY but it's
> doesn't work.

    That sounds like the motherboard and nic on my new machine.
Gigabyte MB with an on-board RealTec ethernet chip. It runs well with a variety
of Linux distros, but I have yet to get it to work from DOS. The setup CD that
comes with it has, it is claimed, all the DOS drivers and stuff, but the setup
program will not run in DOS - it will only run under 32 bit Windows !
Which I don't have.

    I would also be most interested if anyone has gotten this beast to work
under DOS.

Regards,
        Ron

--