[arachne] Re: packet driver for REALTEC RTL8169/8110 FAMILY

  • From: "Udo Kuhnt" <048321887-0001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:52:01 +0000

Patrice,

> Yes I have tried and the only file I have found is RTSPKT.COM
> It is a packet driver for realtec RTL8139 Family and I am no sure it's for
> dos.
> On the page this packet driver is create for Linus
> But I think the packet driver ARAGON MBA FOR REALTEC is better for dos.
> But when you visit the page it's not possible to download the file.
> I have sent a message to the the sale manager of REALTEC.
> I have indicate we are a vrey important commmunauty that want the drivers for
> dos.
> Because we like this O.S
> I think it wil be good idea  if we can send the same message to all the
> company
> They think Dos don't existe now
> Thanks a lot
> Patrice LEMONNIER

it seems like I might have misunderstood you. I thought you were simply
looking for a way to make Arachne work with your networking card in DOS.
That is why I have told you about the ODIPKT driver that I successfully
use with my RT8169 card. You know, unlike the PKT interface, ODI is
still supported by most manufacturers.

On the other hand, if you know about this possibility but are rather
looking for a genuine RT8169 packet driver, I am afraid that there is
none available. At least I have been looking for one for months and only
found the solution I am now using.

But if you or somebody else should find one, I would be very interested
in it.

Regards,

Udo

-- The DR-DOS/OpenDOS Enhancement Project - http://www.drdosprojects.de