[arachne] Online with ethernet !

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 16:02:36 +1000

Hi Folks,

    For the very first time, I have gotten online with an ethernet card and
an ADSL account - not with a modem and dial-up.

    After over a year of trying to "configure" the card in DOS, as
instructed by the software disk that came with it, I took a tip from
something I came across while trawling through some Linux stuff, and
simply loaded the driver at 0x60 (: rtspkt.com 0x60 ) without any kind
of "setup" involved.

   And waddya know ?  Arachne 1.90 wizard found the card, accepted
BOOTP/DHCP and I was on line.

   HALLELLULLA @!@!!!!

   And how she flies !   :)

Regards,