[arachne] JUNO SMTP ... (was Re: command line smtp mailer)

  • From: "Glenn McCorkle" <glennmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne4dos@xxxxxxxxxxxx, arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 17:27:14 -0500

On ?, Glenn McCorkle wrote:

> arachne4dos @coollist.com General List ----------------

> On ?, Eric S. Emerson wrote:

>> arachne4dos @coollist.com General List ----------------

>> Hi Cal,
>>     I have a similar problem with my
>> Juno mailbox.  I can pop3 my e-mail from
>> Juno with no trouble but I can't smtp.
>> glennmcc found that it was probably using
>> a different port but I still can't send
>> mail thru Juno w/Arachne. I have to use
>> Juno's proprietary software.

> The problem at JUNO is even more severe than that.

> JUNO has completely disabled the ability to use _any_ SMTP software for
> sending mail. They no-longer use SMTP at-all, but rathwer stricly their
> own proprietary software is now _required_ for sending mail through a
> JUNO account.

> POP3 downloading still works fine... but SMTP does not.

I must contradict myself.

Just tried it again and found the correct settings.

On the 'Internet settings' page,

SMTP server (port 25 - outgoing mail)  authsmtp.juno.com

587 Use alternate port # for SMTP
^^^

On the 'Personal Settings' page .....

Authenticated SMTP username          Authenticated SMTP password
(Required even if = login username)  (Required even if = login password)

username@xxxxxxxx                    junopassword

X Use Authenticated SMTP

--- smtp.log ---

220 smtp01.lax.untd.com ESMTP
EHLO juno.com
250-smtp01.lax.untd.com Hello adsl-75-19-113-54.dsl.yntwoh.sbcglobal.net
pleased
to meet you
250-SIZE
250-8BITMIME
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN CRAM-MD5
250 HELP
AUTH LOGIN
334 VXNlcm5hbWU6
Z2xlbm5tY2NAanVuby5jb20=
334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6
anVub3Bhc3N3b3Jk
535 smtp01.lax.untd.com Authentication failed
QUIT

 Glenn
 http://www.delorie.com/listserv/mime/
 http://www.cisnet.com/glennmcc/