[arachne] Re: Digital camera picture download

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:28:40 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:06:23 -0500
"Glenn McCorkle" <glennmcc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There was a post to this list some months ago
> concerning USB drivers for DOS
>
> //www.freelists.org/archives/arachne/05-2006/msg00063.html
>
> Those are but some of many available.
>
> Including those I found quite a few years ago and had available for
> download on my site.

    I have USB access in my MSDOS 6.20 installation, but as one of the choices
in the boot menu because it takes up low memory.  It allows access to a card
reader and to an external USB hard disk drive. I haven't found a way to access
my own camera (Kodak EasyShare C300) yet, except from Linux.

> Those on my site were so popular that I had to take them down because
> the flood of traffic was eating-up my available bandwidth at CisNet.
> (over 8000 downloads in just 3 and a half months)
> http://www.cisnet.com/glennmcc/sitestat.php

   Glenn, if you think there is a need, I can host such a package on one of my
domains.
I can even set up a DOS/Arachne subdomain to make it easier to find.  I have
plenty of bandwidth (at the moment, anyway).

Regards,
        Ron

--
Ron Clarke