[HG-PBEM] To the Trash....

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:15:52 -0600 (MDT)

Rohgen and Tina had gathered willing, and some not so willing, members of
Red Team to accompany them to the haggle for supplies from the Trash
Queen. Yesterday afternoon, it had taken them till early evening to get
outside the Core. There had been new security checkpoints put in place due
to the upcoming race, causing long lines and inspections at all the
entrances and exits to the Core.

With nightfall, they all decided it best to stop and spend the night at
Rohgen's parent's apartment. The sleeping conditions were cramped, but at
least, they were kept safe off the streets for the night. Outside the
Core, Khayr ad-Din were dangerous at night. Anyone caught outside any of
the small aprtment and residential compounds was considered fair game by
criminals and gangs.

The bright light of Helios was now rising above the wreaks of gutted
buildings and razor wire fences of increasingly smaller and smaller,
residential compounds. The three trucks formed a small convoy, navigating
its way along a pothole-riddled roadway. Though Rohgen had wanted to bring
his Elan, it was deemed unpractical for the mission acording to the crew.

In the front of the convoy, Rohgen drove with Tina sitting shotgun. In the
back seats, Karl Urich and Carlie Edden sat deary eyed, still waking up
from an early morning start.

"I didn't think we'd all fit in that little apartment," Karl commented.

Carlie chuckled, mocking. "What do you mean fit? You didn't have Lyle
grabbing your ass all night."

"He likes you," Karl rebuffed.

"He's a pervert, who enjoys putting his hands whereever they aren;t
wanted," Carlie fired back, shouting loudly.

[...]

Trying to change the subject, Karl started a new topic. "I'll confess,
Rohgen. I was suspicious about that Gual Rat that your mother cooked for
us last night, but it tasted pretty good. Not a lot fo meat, but it fed my
hungry stomach."

[...]

Dennis D. Kirkpatrick
Littleton, CO USA