[HG-PBEM] Re: Starting a new lap

  • From: David Kelk <dakelk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 00:47:48 -0400

Wooh!  Posting on all threads at once!

Fire!  Fire!  Er, wolf!

 >> "I did," Juliette said with a smile, still increasing speed and already

lining

 >> up a shot with her paratroop rifle.

Take

her

gotta

 >> "Got it," the woman answered curtly, focusing on her sporting weapons

suite as

 >> the track flashed past outside her cockpit. It wouldn't be long before

they

 >> were out of the no-fire zone.

"I was wondering if we'd see Silas out in a Gear." Keavy said as she armed
her own weapons suite.  "I'm really curious about this 'Style' that he
mentioned.  You'll have to fill me in later Jory.  I guess our plan is
simple enough.  Keavy charges ahead with Jory and Billy watching her back.
Keep Silas and Juliette off me and I'll see what I can do with Fastlane.  I
have a feeling that Silas wants to test my rear armor plating."

As the Cheetah sped up, Keavy scrolled through her armaments.  Even though
this little competition was just for fun, she was not familiar with the
racing styles of anyone else on the team, except for possibly Shamus but
even that could have changed.  Keavy decided to start with her twin Vibro
Rapiers.  She activated one of her show off macros and the Cheetah drew the
blades with a flourish.  "I need some racing music." she said to herself as
she noted the target ranges for the gears nearest to her.  "I hope Rohgen
finds a decent stereo."

Keavy's musings are interrupted as the teams radios cracked to life. "Sorry
to interrupt," Terry said quickly, "But it sounds like Rhogen's team is
under
attack.  Laser targeting and the like.  We're calling the Queen to see if
they're there and asking them to send help if they are."