[HG-PBEM] Re: Starting a new lap

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 13:07:49 -0600 (MDT)

S. Blow said:

>> As they climbed the last jump ramp of the lap, Shamus pushed his Gear
>> up off the track just before the ramp crested. His Gear leapt across
>> the 10 meter long pit on a low arc. Keavy's gear flew off the end of
>> the ramp sending it flying higher and slowing her forward velocity.
>> When Keavy finally landed Shamus had taken a short lead.
>
> Shamus ground his teeth, mumbling to himself.  He had confidence in his
> piloting skills, but that didn't change the fact that Keavy's Cheetah
> was  just plain faster than an Iguana.  He couldn't afford to squander
> even the  shortest of leads.

Further back, Billy had just landed off the jump, his Gear landing hard on
its knee-wheels. "Woo! I think I might be able to get the hang of this."

Silas' voice cut in over the comm. "Well, I hope that ends up being the
truth, Diggs." The trainer grunted as if he was adjusting something. "OK,
folks. You're on your own now. I'll be watching over you, but remember,
we've got Terry's time challenge to beat."