[HG-PBEM] Re: Starting a new lap

> >The first lap was almost done and Keavy decided that it was time for some
> >trash talk.  "Hey Fastlane.  I hope that you enjoyed that lead that I
gave
> >you.  Since Silas has let us off the leash, I am afraid that I'm going to
> >have to take it back now."
>
> "Shut up and drive, kid," Shamus snarled.  He was fast losing patience
> despite himself.  He was getting back into the feel of racing, but
piloting
> an underpowered Iguana was throwing him off.

"Whoa." Keavy muttered to herself.  The sternness in Shamus' tone had taken
her by surprise.  She was only playing with him but maybe he was taking this
more seriously than she was.  She was usually thinking of him from the days
when she followed his races.  She couldn't help but look at him through the
eyes of a fan, for that what she was.  Whatever burr is in his cockpit,
Keavy would worry about later.  Right now she was going to throttle up and
enjoy the track.  "You're a little too grumpy for my tastes right now,
Fastlane.  I think that I'll take my leave and enjoy the track.  Besides
there's the Finish line.  By the way Silas.  Do you have any strategies for
this track?  Any team plays that we should know about?"

Griz