[HG-PBEM] Re: Outside the Room

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:49:27 -0700 (MST)

>> As Juliette was closing the door behind her, Jezabel stopped her and
>> exited as well. "You don't mind if I join you do you? They're getting
>> to the boring parts now, and I desperately need a stiff one."
>
> [Oof. Grizzly, you said it. You did that on purpose, Dennis!]

[Dennis: When I wrote it out; that's how it came out. (Ouch, there it is
again.) I considered changing it, but decided it was fun play of words for
her character to use, having a double meaning.]

> Juliette raised one elegant eyebrow and allowed the woman through the
> doorway, holding the door for her. When they were back out in the main
> bar they found a table and she said, "I'm surprised. From your
> reputation I would have thought you'd have wanted to stay and take part
> in the negotiations."

"Yes and no," Jezabel answered plainly, seeming a bit nonplussed. "Chico
can handle the details just as well." A look of joy came over her face.
"Silas, this is a wonderful surprise."

An older man with long, grey hair pulled back in a ponytail approached.
Taking Jezabel's hand he squeezed it gently. "I was in the bar talking
with a trasher about some parts for Felicity, so I thought I'd check up on
who you and your husband are recruiting for me to train." He looked at
Juliette. "You must Ms. Lemanz; the woman that Chico mentioned to me this
early morning."