[HG-PBEM] Re: Outside the Room

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:05:21 -0800
On 27 Feb 2003, at 1:25, John Guilfoyle wrote:

> > "I think so," Jezabel answered. Turning her attention back to the
> > conversation at hand. "So, Juliette, what do you like doing for fun?"
>
> Juliette drank from her water and shrugged. She wasn't much one to talk about
> herself and her private life to complete strangers. Still, if she was to form
> a good relationship with the Redliners, a good place to start was with the
> Colonel's wife and the team's gear trainer.
>
> "I'm very active. I like to fence, to dance and most sports, especially
> soccer. A healthy mind is of course important as well, and I enjoy literature,
> though I don't get to read as much as I'd like for pleasure." Cocking her head
> slightly, she asked, "What about you two?"

Silas answered first. "I have a very similar philosophy about life.
Though, I'm not an expert on literature in the least."

"Shamus," Jezabel chimed in. "You're one of our resident scholars
compared with us."

Silas frowned to show his discomfort in Jezabel's undue praise. "Just a
little, if that speaks volumes against your knowledge of literature, then
you should pick up a book more often."

"Tsk, tsk," Jezabel shamed Silas. "You don't need to get hussy. It was
a compliment." She returned to her drink, finishing it off and flagging
the server for another.

At that point, the Colonel walked out of the room and approached,
moving up to his wife. The two exchanged a kiss. "So, I suppose you
saw them walk out?" the man asked.

"Yes, dearest," Jezabel replied, her hand delicately holding her
husband's cheek. "Did the contract fall through."

"No, no," the Colonel answered. "They said they wanted to review a
draft of the contract in private. That Terry seems a strange agent. A
little overly suspicious, if you ask me, but I'm not anxious to turn
people away on a whim myself."

The two bodyguards had taken positions on opposite sides of the
table, standing just a little ways off. "Chagall and Jonus," the Colonel
called. "Do you want to sit and join us for a drink." The two almost in
synchronicity, turned and shook their heads. The Colonel shrugged.
"The finest pair of bodyguards, I'd guess. Eh, Silas."

"The GREL makes me nervous," the trainer answered, "but otherwise,
I'd tend to agree. Gustav did good hiring her."

"And what about you, Ms. Lemanz," the Colonel asked. "What is
your feeling so far about our little posse?"