[HG-PBEM] Re: Outside the Room

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:14:33 -0700 (MST)

> [Note additions. ^_^ ]

[Dennis: Got 'em!]

> Lemanz nodded. "My father fought in the war, with the Sand Demons -- the
> 17th Gear Regiment. I followed in his footsteps and joined up with the
> Republican Army as well. I was assigned to the 5th Cavalry Legion in
> Saragossa until fairly recently." A slightly faraway look marked the
> woman's green eyes. "And now I am here. And if everything checks out on
> the contract, I will indeed be working with you."

<snip>

> "Water for me," Juliette answered. Seeing that they already had a
> waiter's attention, she added, "with lemon."

Jezabel smirked mildly at Juliette, seeming taken aback that juliette only
wanted a water. She loked up at the server. "Jonny, I'll have my usual.
McColough's Scotch, neat."

Jonny looked at the trainer. "You, Silas?"

"Make mine a McColough's as well, straight with tonic," the man answered.
Jonny nodded and a short time later, he returned with their drinks.

> "How long have you worked for the Colonel and his wife?" Lemanz asked of
> Finn once her drink arrived. "And what can you tell me about your other
> pilots?"

"Thank you," Jezabel interupted, talking to Jonny. She handed him a bill
worth 50 peacers. "Also, be a dear and check with the Colonel and his
guests. They are likely parched. If need be, let me know if there the bill
doesn't cover the tab and your gratuity." She smiled, looking at the youth
seductively.

"Yes, maam," Jonny acknowledged, leaving them alone.

Jezabel turned to look at Juliette as though no interuption had happened.
Silas showed a slight frown. "I've been with the Redliner's for four
cycles now," he replied to Juliette's question. "As for the other pilots,
we currently have two. There's Jorelle Frankes, a northie like myself.
She's one of the team's blockers. The other is Shamus Rodriguez. A track
veteran that is looking at making a comeback after a serious injury a long
time ago."

"You mustn't forget about William Diggs," Jezabel interjected, sipping her
scotch, the ice tinkling in the glass.

Silas nodded. "Yes, and then there's a young pilot from the WFP named
William. His clan is a new backer for the team. He's due to arrive in a
week's time."