[HG-PBEM] Re: Outside the Room

  • From: "John Guilfoyle" <john.guilfoyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 00:47:58 -0700

[Note additions. ^_^ ]

Lemanz nodded. "My father fought in the war, with the Sand Demons -- the 17th
Gear Regiment. I followed in his footsteps and joined up with the Republican
Army as well. I was assigned to the 5th Cavalry Legion in Saragossa until
fairly recently." A slightly faraway look marked the woman's green eyes. "And
now I am here. And if everything checks out on the contract, I will indeed be
working with you."

> "Ah," Silas acknowledged. "Well, I hope that you do. I've read your
> profile. It would be good to have a pilot with military training to build
> on."

> "Silas, I thought you left your military favoritism behind," Jezabel
> interjected into the conversation.

> Looking at Jezabel, he unabashedly corrected the woman. "I only became
> disillusioned with Northern Revisionism, not solid, Gear piloting skills."

Lemanz measured the man's words. Good that he was no hard-line Revisionist.
Those people always seemed so closed-minded and petty to her.

> Jezabel gazed at the gray-haired vateran blankly. "Should we order a round
> of drinks," she asked, flagging down a nearby server. "Juliette?"

"Water for me," Juliette answered. Seeing that they already had a waiter's
attention, she added, "with lemon."

[others order drinky-poos]

"How long have you worked for the Colonel and his wife?" Lemanz asked of Finn
once her drink arrived. "And what can you tell me about your other pilots?"