[HG-PBEM] Re: Outside the Room

  • From: "John Guilfoyle" <john.guilfoyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:53:17 -0700

> > [Sorry for the delay on this, Dennis. You'll note that
> > Juliette actually isn't a great conversationalist with
> > people she doesn't know. Not as bad as our resident GREL,
> > but hey. ^_^ ]

> [Dennis: No worries, she's doing fine. There's a lot of chit chat right
> now. I'l ramp things up soon.]

[Sure. What I mean is that Juliette's not really one for small talk with
strangers. I'm not having trouble thinking of things to write, she's just a
bit of the... private type.]

> > Juliette nodded, taking in her surroundings and observing
> > the way Jezbel's presence seemed to permeate the bar. "I
> > believe Mr. Augusta mentioned that I'd be in line to be the
> > other blocker on the team. There are two?" she asked,
> > showing her unfamiliarity with sport racing.

> "We were in need of hiring a second to complement Jory," Silas
> explained. "It appears that you are forming our second. What gear do
> you pilot."

"A Sidewinder. A very reliable machine. It had a long service record in the
Republican Army, and was involved in many sorties during the War."

> "Ah," Silas nodded, "and what is its configuration, or more
> importantly what is your dueling style."

"My style?" Juliette pondered. "I strive for efficiency and effectiveness. In
a true duel, where honor is at stake, it is important to abide the rules of
the duel and best your opponent in a straight-on fight." The young woman
blinked for a moment, suddenly seeing the scarred and bloody face of the last
man she'd dueled -- right before she'd come to the Badlands. "But I suppose
you mean more in terms of sport dueling. I carry a heavy paratroop rifle as my
primary armament, and a vibrorapier for close work."