[APAworks] Re: (Fwd) About CORE

  • From: Pierre Bourque <pbourque@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 08:51:01 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Christian Schaller wrote:

> > So would it then be kosher to say "To see the original illustration this
> > writeup/design/conversion/etc is inspired by, go to <link>"?
>
> There is some (fairly stupid) debate on that subject. I say, yeah, it's
> perfectly fine. Some folks seem to think otherwise, surprisingly.

As a vaguely related question, I've got a few images I've fairly heavily
modified (myself) -- for instance, taking an image of an AR-15, and doing
some editing, basically to create a bullpup version of the AR-15
(basically chopping up the image, moving bits around, and fixing the
seams).

Does that qualify as "original," or "derivative" work?

> Chris

Pierre