[APAworks] Re: (Fwd) About CORE

  • From: Pierre Bourque <pbourque@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 16:55:10 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 27 May 2002, Dennis D. Kirkpatrick wrote:

> It seems that DP9 has moved the release to limit competition with
> the like of Star Wars RPG and others.

So the Core Command release has been moved from the August date?
Bummer...  Do you happen to know when it's moved to?

> Looks like the con events
> will be in the early Spring is my guess. That is, if DP9 does them.
> Marc has cited on the HGML and JCML a number of times that the
> Cons cost a chunk of change with little noticable return. So,
> we will have to just wait and see what DP9 announces.

These con events...I presume the implied con events are ones where DP9
itself (in some official form) performs the demo?  Or are you also
including Pod Corps demos?

I can definitely believe DP9-in-person events are $$$ (for at least the
ones that aren't in Montreal..:).  Are the Pod Corps demos that much more
expensive?  Though I suppose a hundred bucks' worth of demo/prize gear
isn't exactly a trivial expense, either...

[and for something not-directly related -- I'm /finally/ back to running
Silhouette again, after a 3 year hiatus.  I figure, if it's the last game
I run here, I'll run the system I enjoy most...:)  The players seem to
enjoy it thus far]

Oh, an odd question (related to the above, and a little more APAworks
relevant), is there a policy on using images (that aren't original works)
in a submission?

I've got a coupla things I'm working on (an arms catalog, a couple
vehicles) that are inspired by various pictures I've found on the net.

> Dennis D. Kirkpatrick

Pierre